APOE Genetic Testing in Delray Beach, FL
APOE Genetic Testing
Are you at risk?
Alzheimer’s Disease and Research
- Research studies are in constant need of participants.
- Scientists do not know exactly what causes Alzheimer’s.
- The APOE gene is our strongest genetic clue.
The APOE Gene
- Each person has 2 copies of the APOE gene.
- There are 3 types of the APOE gene: e2, e3, and e4.
- e4 is a genetic risk factor for Alzheimer’s.
- 1 or 2 copies of e4 raise a person’s risk of the disease.
- Having the e4 gene does not mean that a person will definitely develop Alzheimer’s.
- A person with no copies of e4 may still develop Alzheimer’s.
How Genetic Testing Works
- Brain Matters tests patients for their APOE type.
- Step 1: Taking a cheek swab sample
- Step 2: Interpreting your results
- Brain matters Research will analyze your sample.
- We’ll find out which APOE type you have.
- Brain Matters Research will use your results to potentially match you with studies.
More about Brain Matters Research APOE Testing
- The program is entirely free if you qualify.
- Brain Matters Research may refer you to research studies to help scientists find a treatment for Alzheimer’s.
- You can choose not to participate in any study you are matched with.
- We use multiple levels of security encryption.
- Your information will not be added to your medical records.